If you are an Xbox user than you must know about its controller and how to use it. But the question is how to use keyboard and mouse on Xbox One? Is it possible to play games on Xbox one by keyboard and mouse? If the answer is yes then how.
Microsoft is continuously developing its Xbox more like to pc and offering you cross-play support. But this tech is growing at a slow rate.
You can definitely use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox one but it is not compatible with every game. There are specific games like Fortnite which is enabling this feature to Xbox one user. With the use of keyboard and mouse in Xbox one, you can easily navigate UI and menus.
You can also play every game with a keyboard and mouse by using third party ways and commands but it is a risky game so stay away from it.
If you love Xbox games then you will also love to get free Xbox live codes for your Xbox account to buy games and enjoy unlimited access to Xbox.
How to Use Keyboard and Mouse on Xbox One?
Now we are going to tell you about how you can connect a keyboard and mouse with Xbox One to play games in an easy way.
1.Setup Mouse on Xbox One:
The process of setting up mouse in Xbox One is quite simple but remember that mouse is not compatible with every game. Please check in-game description that it allows mouse use or not.
There are certain steps you have to follow to set up the mouse on Xbox One:
- First of all, you have to connect your wired mouse with an open USB port in Xbox One console and in case of the wireless mouse just turned on the switch of the mouse.
- After that take your controller and go to settings and select Kinect and devices, select mouse and compatible device for playing games.
- If this not working then simply restart your Xbox one console or connect the device again.
- Now in the next step, you have to configure your mouse with the help of a controller.
- Finally, everything is set up perfectly, now just play games with your wired or wireless mouse.
2.Set up Keyboard on Xbox One:
Set up keyboard is easier than mouse you just need to connect it with Xbox one console whether it is wired or wireless. It will connect immediately.
There are some shortcut keys you have to remember to operate Xbox with the keyboard (Source: Microsoft)
- Windows logo key + G: Open Xbox Game Bar
- Windows logo key + Alt + G: Record the last 30 seconds (you can change the amount of time recorded in Xbox Game Bar > Settings )
Windows logo key + Alt + R: Start/stop recording
- Windows logo key + Alt + PrtScn: Take a screenshot of your game
How to Play any Game with Keyboard and Mouse?
You know very well that every game developer of games in Xbox one is not allowed the compatibility of keyboard and mouse. But there are some third parties like XIM Apex allows you to play any game available on Xbox one console with keyboard and mouse. The XIM Apex comes with a steep price tag of $125.But it is a best-reviewed product in the market.
So you will read how you can setup XIM Apex for playing any game. You must have to follow some steps to setup XIM Apex perfectly.
- First, purchase XIM Apex after that download the correct firmware and remember first turn on the device before connecting to the USB port.
- After that when the button flashes blue light release the button and updates the firmware.
- When the firmware update is complete then connect XIM Apex Hub to the Xbox one.
- After that connect the Apex hub to the device.
- Now connect that other device like keyboard and mouse to the Apex hub.
- Finally, everything is ok and you can play your favorite game with a keyboard and mouse. You can also check the Apex website and forum for regular updates about this device.
So, I think your problem with how to use keyboard and mouse on Xbox One is completely solved . If you have any queries related to Xbox you can ask.
Games that Support Keyboard and Mouse on Xbox One
There are some games compatible with the keyboard and mouse in Xbox One console. Here is the list:
- Gears of War 5
- Gears Tactics
- Minion Masters
- Sea of Thieves
- The Sims 4
- Strange Brigade
- Surviving Mars
- War Thunder
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- X-Morph: Defense
Microsoft is continuously adding new games which are compatible with keyboard and mouse to make Xbox more than a gaming console.